Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV In transit mets after zelboraf

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gilly
    Participant

I haven’t been very active on here for a while – blissfully complacent on zelboraf for 16 months – my husband has just had two skin lesions biopsies which have come back as mets from his original primary in 2008 – he has mediastinal and lung mets which have shrunk 50% over the 16 months on zelboraf (very appreciative of how long it has been effective) my husband is treated in Paris (IGR) and they are fortunate to have the Merck anti Pd1 – he has to “fail” Ipi first though – he was on the Ipi double blind trial 2010/2012 which we now need to unblind – presumably this is an easy enough step involving contacting BMS ?? Are in transit skin mets after stage 4 viewed as any other metastases ? The biopsy said these were not new MM resulting as a side effect of Zelboraf but relate to his original primary. Does he have to have biopsies material to go onto Ipi or anti Pd1 or measurable tumours – if so how big must they be ? Sorry for all the questions – this stuff is not approved in Europe yet !

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Hi,

No one answered you and I really don’t have many answers. I don’t believe you will need measurable disease though for biopsy for Pd1 or IPI.

Gilly
    Participant

Thanks Catherine – is unblinding such a headache after 2 years – my team seem to feel it will be a battle – but we would really rather not do Ipi (and prolong starting the anti Pd1) if it isn’t necessary !

Thanks

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

They should readily unblind if you need to know for another trial. I don’t know of any way to get around the fail IPI clause.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.