Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV interesting article

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PhillyRed
    Participant

Here’s an interesting article I just saw:

Promising New Cancer Treatment Uses Immune Cells

A one-two punch is more effective than using two cancer-fighting drugs that boost the immune system against tumors

http://time.com/3558659/cancer-treatment-immunotherapy/

kylez
    Participant

That sounds like a pretty good boost they’re getting, adding GM-CSF to IPI, and with it reducing side effects too. Maybe next is a 3-way combo of IPI + Nivo + GM-CSF?

The subtitle is incorrect, unless I’m missing something. Shouldn’t it be more like “A one-two punch is more effective than using a single cancer-fighting drug that boost the immune system against tumors”? Or, I’m probably missing something.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I think you are right about that title. I often thought Leukine might hold promise somewhere down the road. I do know of patients who took it and some are NED others doing well but mostly as a stage III drug. It did fail the test for adjuvant therapy though. So these combinations are really interesting! I am optimistic we will find some answers through this combo testing.

The ipi/Leukine combo is considered the “standard” course of treatment at the cancer center where my husband is being treated but we opted to go into a clinical trial instead…I am hoping his trial is just as successful!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.