Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Interesting Pd-1 update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mothraeve
    Participant

My husband has been on the Pd-1 trial for 12 weeks. After the 12th week, he developed problems with his breathing. He stopped treatment and has undergone numerous tests to find the cause. We were concerned because one of the side effects is pnemonitis. He started steroids and has had some relief. The interesting thing, is that although he has been off of the pd-1 treatment for 8 weeks, his symptoms continue to improve. The most recent test showed some bacterial infection in his lungs but the bone pain and the weight loss from the melanoma has improved a lot. He is a lot more active and has gained 12 needed pounds! I also just wanted to add he had a whole ipi treatment prior to the pd-1 trial. He is scheduled for his next dose in 2 weeks if his breathing is ok. Thought I would share our experience for anyone thinking about the trial. So far it has been beneficial to my husband even with the set back with his breathing. He has cut his pain medicine in half. It seems that the combo of ipi and Pd-1 is a good treatment.

Eve

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Eve,

Thank you so much for posting this experience. We are always happy to get good news about a therapy. There is some promise to IPI/PD1 working together and PD1 we know stays in the system for a long time. Perhaps the IPI does as well. It would be great to have a combo that really revs up the immune system. Sounds like it is for your husband. I hope all continues well for both of you. Don’t forget to take care of you too!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.