Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Intravenous Vitamin C for Cancer Treatment?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lisa P
    Participant

I went to a naturapath for the first time who also has a regular medical degree. She recommended that I consider getting intravenous vitamin c treatments for the next 6 to 8 weeks as studies have shown they have helped certain cancer patients, including those with melanoma. I have a few studies I intend to look over that she gave me, but tend to be very skeptical about these types of things. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations as to whether it’s worth pursuing or not? The other two things she talked about was taking melatonin and, finally, a mushroom supplement. Your thoughts, as always, are appreciated, Lisa

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Absolutely little scientific evidence that this a proven treatment for melanoma and would be helpful. I can’t imagine someone recommending this for stage 1/11 either. Please beware of those who make large profits from marketing therapies such as these.

Lisa P
    Participant

Thanks, Catherine. I told her I was uncomfortable with her recommendation and won’t be heading in that direction. I may try another naturopath doctor before writing off holistic treatments altogether. L

Jenni
    Participant

Overall, I am not opposed to natural or different treatments, but this just doesn’t sit well with me. I think if you want to boost your Vit C, take a supplement, by mouth, or drink some OJ, but I wouldn’t go as far as getting C injections. :)

Just my thoughts :)

Jenni

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.