It just occurred to me that my four infusions of Ipi failed (finished end of Sept). I had a tumor and eight inches of my small intestine removed in May, then 2 scans that were NED. In Oct. the third ct scan showed an enlarged lymph node with a necrotic center. Last week, the PET scan showed that it had grown from 1.1 mm to 1.9 mm. They still think the center is necrotic. My oncologist wants to wait until Feb. to do another scan, and will then decide on surgery and/or treatment. I’m Braf pos., so I’ll have to do that before PD1. Trying to deal with this realization and disappointment. However, I am now free to prepare for the holiday with family and friends. Blessings to all of you.
In my opinion, I wonder if waiting until February to start treatment is better than January? Most of the therapies we have available (BRAF for you next) work best with minimal tumor burden. I would consider the braf/mek combination and discuss with your doctor. And then you have a choice of two PD1 agents if needbe.
I hope you have a good holiday and relax. It is easier said than done. Let us know how you are doing.