• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cecelia
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience with high fevers and ipi? If so, how did you treat it? My partner Margaret finished her last infusion on her second round of ipi about three weeks ago. Last week she had a seizure–brain mets–and a very high fever that has continued off and on for this whole week. She has been in hospital for seven days, and they can’t find any sign of infection or inflammation. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This sounds very complicated and I wouldn’t know if the IPI caused the fever or something else was going on. Are they treating the fever with medication? What does the doctor say?

Cecelia
    Participant

The oncologist and the study nurse say that since there is no other infection after many cultures, Margaret is falling into the 1% who have a cns inflammation in response to ipi. The doctor found another similar case in her research, but I don’t have a citation. They did a spinal tap today, and are thinking of moving her off steroids and onto immunoglobin, which I know nothing about? Any insights around that?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.