Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV IPI/PD1 Globally Recruiting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I posted elsewhere, I just found the Checkmate trial as having several locations recruiting globally. This is the PD1 and IPI combination trial, NCT02156804. Go to for locations: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02156804

Mikers
    Participant

It is not really clear does this require prior treatment with ipi?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

No, the opposite, you need to be IPI naive (or never had it.)

Thomvdv
    Participant

Am I reading it incorrectly or is it just Nivo you get?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

No, you get both IPI and NIVO. That’s why they call it checkmate (I think) using two immunotherapies at once. It has had promising results in small studies so far. We’ve reported on it elsewhere here.

EvaSara
    Participant

Catherine, are you sure that you have posted the right link?

The title of the study in the link is “A Single-Arm, Open-Label, Multicenter Clinical Trial With Nivolumab (BMS-936558) for Subjects With Histologically Confirmed Stage III (Unresectable) or Stage IV Melanoma Progressing Post Prior Treatment Containing an Anti-CTLA4 Monoclonal Antibody (CheckMate 172)” and the intervention only mentions Nivolumab.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You are correct EvaSara, I apologize. I meant to post this one: https://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT02186249 but now I am trying to make sure it is available globally. This is the combo of IPI/PD1. The other is just PD1 for those who have progressed on IPI. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Thomvdv
    Participant

ok, thank you!

IPI/PD1 sadly is only USA…

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’m still double checking with Bristol Myers Squibb and perhaps there is a plan in place to have it. In the meantime I did hear from UZ/Brussel: both nivolumab and pembrolizumab therapy available in our center (UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium), (post ipilimumab treatment).

Thomvdv
    Participant

Keytruda and nivolumab are also available in UZ Leuven, Belgium.

But when i asked the onc there: no sign of the ipi/nivo as of yet

Thomvdv
    Participant

Thomvdv wrote:

Keytruda and nivolumab are also available in UZ Leuven, Belgium.

But when i asked the onc there: no sign of the ipi/nivo as of yet

K+N also post ipi so third line

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.