Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Ipi side effects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    erinmay22
    Participant

Hey folks – had my 2nd dose of Ipi on Oct 16th. Yesterday I noticed some interesting red marks. It actually looks like ringworm (which I’ve never had). Of course I’ll reach out to my derm and doctor about it. I’m sure my immune system is all messed up right now with just having surgery and ipi treatments.

but was just curious what types of rashes folks got while on ipi.

Erin

http://www.melanonaandthecity.blogspot.com

rochelle
    Participant

ahhh…the infamous ipi rash…I had it both rounds…doc said it was a sign I was responding (and still am)…2.5 % cortisone and some anti itching meds made it tolerable…but if I even thought about the itch I would be scratching like a flea bitten hound…. :)

Martha

erinmay22
    Participant

Martha –

Thanks so much for your response. Yeah, hoping that it’s a sign of responding! They removed a big tumor from my intestine on Oct 4th along with one lymph node (that was positive for Melanoma). so hoping that Ipi helps kick butt with whatever else may be left behind.

Luckily I stil have tons of topical steroid creams from my horrible Zelboraf rash! Will find out early December how Ipi is working!

Erin

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Erin,

Sorry to hear about the positive node. I hope you are recovering well from the surgery. Its good that you followed your gut instinct to get it out of there.

I hope the rash doesn’t get too uncomfortable for you. But at least its a good sign that you are responding.

I feel so badly that you are going through all this at such a young age. Your strength continues to amaze me.

Hugs,

Shirley Z

erinmay22
    Participant

Hi Shirley!

Thanks for your note. Yes glad we went with my ‘gut’ on getting it out! :) Actually wishing I had pushed harder in May to have it removed… but that’s ok. Seems we were all surprised how big the tumor ended up being. Pretty aggressive one! So we were all glad it’s out and I’m doing Ipi!

So far rash is NOTHING compared to the ZelboRASH I got! :) Just some weird small spots. Hoping it’s a sign of responding! And itchy skin all over… Just taking some time off to heal and rest. My job has been very understanding. Actually they’ve been pushing me not to even do any work from home.

Hope you’re doing well. And thanks for your kind words!

Cheers!

Erin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.