Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV IPI vs. NIVO Trial opening in March first in Europe!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

And it requires the PDL-1 expression which could really narrow down the numbers. The more we pick it apart the more I am thinking there will be few who qualify.

Jupke
    Participant

Catherine Poole wrote:

And it requires the PDL-1 expression which could really narrow down the numbers. The more we pick it apart the more I am thinking there will be few who qualify.

Correct me if I’m wrong (Please be patient with me. English is not my native language so I’m aware I could miss some nuances) but the PD L-1 status only has to be established . Wether it’s positive, negative or intermediate doesn’t exclude anyone from the trial.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

No it is not your English, but my brain not engaging! Yes, it is any PDL expression result. I misread and wondered about that as it wouldn’t tell us much if we only had the PDL positive folks in the trial. Thanks for catching my mistake.

Mikers
    Participant

Can you please explain me what is “PDL positive”? Are there any tests like for BRAF mutation which can evaluate if you are “PDL positive” and can react for PDL-therapy (Nivo?)? That means doctors already can predict if you will have positive results with immunomedicine?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Althought the test for PDL-1 in the tumor isn’t standardized as a biomarker test quite yet, it has shown some interesting results that are predictive of response to the PD1 drug. Here is a good article summing it up: http://www.ascopost.com/issues/may-1,-2014/pd-l1-studied-as-biomarker-for-anti%E2%80%93pd-1-immunotherapy.aspx

PDL-1 neg and positive patients do respond to PD1 though.

Steven
    Participant

I thought it was clear that PD1 has better stats than Ipi, no?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

That is clear that PD1 has better stats and less side effects, but it is good to see them scientifically tested in trial. I would like to see the two PD1 agents against each other since that isn’t as clear.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.