Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Is PCV sensible option?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KK2013

Hi there,

Hubby has brain mets. One debulked in Nov, radiation in Dec, another debulked in Jan. They grew a lot in a three month period so in May we stared Temozolomide. Had four rounds of that, recent MRI shows three have grown a lot again (one’s disappeared, another has arrived).

Looking at starting PCV next week. Any experience/success experienced with PCV please?

Been offered Interferon with Five Fluroeurycine (spelling) as another option. Any advice please?

Doing other stuff too – Ketogenic diet, supplements (pro-biotics etc), Vit C, Salvestrol, Wobenzyne, Coumarin, Tamoxifen, Enzogenol, Vit D to name a few.

I read about about a huge number of trials on the website but nothing happening here in NZ. Do you know if its possible to get on a trial in a different country? Feel like our options are so limited but maybe we just need to get on plane – maybe it’s not that easy.

Things are progressing – have to get on top of it.

Was previously on the Caregivers forum under a different name – KKWilson, have re-registered due to log in probs.

Look forward to hearing from you – any ideas and help appreciated – feeling a bit lost and desperate.

KK

lak1
    Participant

i m sorry I am in the UK what dose PCV stand for I dont recognise that abbreviation

Simon Craigie
    Participant

Hi KK,

There are a number of trials here in NZ.

Contact the nurse at The Melanoma Foundation of NZ (http://www.melanoma.org.nz/Contact-us/).

Cheers

Simon

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Pcv according to this site I found is temodar: http://brain.mgh.harvard.edu/chemoguide.htm

It is a type of dacarbazine, without a high response rate. You might look at trials in Australia too, try the centers listed on our global list under the Melanoma Info tab. Travel can be good for a trial you can’t find locally. I hope things get better for both of you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.