• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    angieg
    Participant

Was just wondering if anyone has found anything that’s effective for the joint pain caused by zelboraf. I am on once daily Meloxicam but it does nothing. Tylenol does nothing. I don’t like to take strong pain killers because they make me sick and I just fall asleep. Thanks

marta010
    Participant

My husband takes vitamin D to help with the joint pain. He’s on 2000iu/day. His joint pain subsided after about three months on Zelboraf, which was about the same time he started taking the vitamin D.

rochelle
    Participant

I had chronic joint pain after a round of treatment in 2010. I was put on a couple of anti-inflammatories, tramadol and mobic (meloxicam). I gave up on the tramadol because it was too sedating but I kept taking the meloxicam. One dose in the morning and one at night. It didn’t make me feel like I was 25 again, but it gave me enough relief so I wasn’t always distracted by the pain. The trick was to take the meloxicam consistently. The good news is, the joint pain did finally subside and I rarely take a meloxicam…but I still have them just in case :)

Hang in there…I hope you find relief soon…

Martha

angieg
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll talk to my doc about these on wed when I see him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.