Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Liver function/SGOT?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

Last couple blood tests, my “SGOT” has been slightly elevated above the upper normal limit of 41 (44, then 47). I don’t drink, which Dr said is usually the cause. Any reason for concern with regard to melanoma/liver? Dr didn’t seem too concerned, said many times could be a supplement (which I do take some).

Jenni
    Participant

Hi Cohanja,

I am not sure what that reading is, but I have slightly elevated bilirubin in my yearly labs and I had extra tests run on my liver/gallbladder and they didn’t find anything out of the ordinary. I even had an ultrasound of my liver…they saw what they said was a cyst there and a polyp on my gallbladder. They rechecked a year later and they don’t see the cyst anymore apparently and the polyp is the same.

For me sometimes the bilirubin is high, other times, it is not. They told me sometimes people are just a bit out of the ranges and it is ok it is just them. If the doctor isn’t concerned about it, I wouldn’t worry if it remains fairly consistent. They can see your liver with an ultrasound if you need it checked.

Jenni

cohanja
    Participant

44 this week, again slightly elevated, but Dr isn’t concerned

Worrywart
    Participant

Are you physically fit? If not, maybe it’s just a fatty liver.

cohanja
    Participant

I’m physically active, I’m sure I could lose some pounds though to be at an ideal weight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.