Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Looking for opinions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jasamlav
    Participant

Hey guys,my mother,51 years old,has been diagnosed with 1.7 mm melanoma on her arm almost year ago.No ulceration,clark III,mitotic rate 7,negative SNB.I know couple of things about melanoma and that she is stage 1b but mitotic rate is worrying me so I want to hear other opinions.Does she have favourable prognose,bad prognose or something in-between?

Best wishes to you all.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You might want to get some second opinions on pathology to be sure of that. Have slides sent to an expert such as Dr. Mihm (http://www.drmihm.com) he is world renowned for his expertise and they make it pretty easy to do so. Otherwise, she really wouldn’t be eligible for the scant clinical trials we have. Having the lesion on an extremity is a good prognostic indicator. Careful vigilance may be the answer for now. Keep in touch with us.

jasamlav
    Participant

Thank you very much,yea I also think that the best thing for now is waiting and observing the situation and going for the second opinion as you already stated.Thx again and good health to everyone hear

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.