Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III Lost pregnancy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Happy_girl
    Participant

Hello! I posted several weeks ago that I was pregnant. At my last visit, they could no longer find the heartbeat, so I had to have a D&C as my body was not aware that the baby has passed. My question is — I normally wouldn’t get a scan until October (which would have been after baby.). I have my 6th month appointment in April. Should I ask to get scanned even though it’s 6 months earlier due to having 3 months of hormones going through my body?

I am going to call my Doc as well, but just wanted to get other opinions as well. My fear is that if i get pregnant again, I won’t get scanned for well over a year ( which I did have happen once anyway), I’m just nervous about al the hormones.

Thanks so much for listening!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’m so sorry for your loss! My heart goes out to you. I wouldn’t be too concerned about the hormones in your body as they will dissipate now. But double check with your doctor. As I know grieving well, this is surely a hard time for you. My thoughts are with you.

Happy_girl
    Participant

Thank you! It was a shock and has been a challenge. My brain goes a million different ways- did I do something? Was the baby not healthy? Was this a divine intervention so melanoma wouldn’t return….. it’s been a challenge.

Thank you for always listening and being so supportive!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Thought I would check in with you. How are you doing? The beauty of living in the moment (hard work indeed) is not going to the past or future, both of which we can’t control. I’m certain there is not a particular reason this tragedy happened to you. Bad stuff happens without reason. It is best to try to be resilient and enjoy the good moments that come to us. Wishing you peace.

Happy_girl
    Participant

Thanks for asking! I have been doing well. I actually am currently 10 weeks pregnant again!im excited and nervous again all at the same time.

We did find out from a test last time we lost a little girl (we named her Ruthie Lucille). She had severe heart defects and had Down syndrome. It made the loss easier because her life would have been so hard for her! She is still loved ( and would have been loved had she beenborn), but im thankful she didn’t have to hurt and struggle in ways that I wouldn’t have been able to fix for her.

We are praying this little babe is healthy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.