• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bella4444
    Participant

So I just noticed a bump/lump just under my left collarbone…it’s tender to touch and soft and about the size of if you touch your pointer finger to your thumb.

It’s visible if I stand normally but if I move my shoulder or whatever you can’t see it.

I can feel that it’s a lumpy bit but has no distinct edge to it.

Surely this couldn’t be metasis so soon????? It’s a low risk lesion cut out 3 months ago.

I am seeing someone tomorrow but it’s sunday here in Australia and no one is open so I’m stressing big time.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Sorry no one replied sooner, but this is normal to freak out about every lump and bump. But best to get it checked so you will not be stressed. Did you find out anything?

Bella4444
    Participant

Thanks Catherine,

Yeah went to the gp he said it’s nothing to worry about and that it’s “just me” and that it has nothing to do with the melanoma. I do trust my doctor he is one of those ones who will send you for an mri just for a headache to make sure so if he doesn’t want to send me for tests to me that means it really isn’t anything.

Oddly I have it on both sides but one side is a tiny bit bigger.

I really wish this this would stop I wish I could stop myself thinking the worst first!! I’m so sick of thinking that this is going to come back and I’m going to be screwed. What’s the point of making plans for anything? So many bad stories I’ve seen lately of people getting screwed over by this disease it’s soooo hard to be positive right now……having a bad day, can you tell? Haha sorry for my rant it’s just one of those days.

point30
    Participant

I just want to say that you are not alone, so don’t think that you are.

I have gone to the doctor a few times thinking that something wasn’t right. Each time it was fine. And yes, even now I am up after midnight catching up on this forum. There are so many good people on this forum that would also agree…..it’s not just you.

There is a psychological aspect in being diagnosed with cancer and while mine was 1b (.57 mitosis 2) and the prognosis is good, I can’t help but wonder if it will return to stage 3 every now and again.

1 year down, 4 more years of checkups to go for me…..

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I remember this well and still have a bit of being over vigilant with my body. It is natural once your life has been threatened by a potential cancer to worry about other things. Taking a deep breath to relax really does help calm you down. Hoping all have a great holiday!

JennyMK0908
    Participant

Bella4444:

I’m exactly where you are…even though it’s been 5 months since my diagnosis. My lesion was on my calf, so I am constantly & I do mean CONSTANTLY checking the lymph nodes in my groin area. I started out checking them in my neck every day, then moved to my arm pit when I had pain there, now it’s on to my groin. When I had pain under my arm, I went to my ob/gyn and had him examine me then went and had a mammogram and ultrasound done. I was told everything was clear. I HATE that this has consumed me. I’m having an even tougher time right now, because my husband just changed jobs so we are in between insurance coverage right now. I haven’t seen any dr or my therapist since December and I won’t be able to until February. When I look at pictures, I say to myself…this was pre-diagnosis or post-diagnosis…I hate that this is what my life has become! I did have my second post-WLE check up and they found nothing new and I had both of my sons have clear checks at their very first skin checks. Although intellectually I know this is terrific news, I still think about it every hour of every day. I’m terrified most of the time. Someday, I hope I can put all this behind me. Coming on to this forum every so often is comforting, especially to see the positive outcomes of this monster. Peace of mind is what I wish I had back…

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

The downside to checking your nodes is they are very sensitive to touch. They will swell if they are touched a lot. So best to leave them alone and let the doctor palpate during your exams.

JennyMK0908
    Participant

Catherine: Good advice! I was unaware that they would swell if touched too much. I guess having them checked every 3 months by a professional would be sufficient to check for swelling? Really glad for the information I find on this site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.