Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Melanoma of the finger nail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jdk27
    Participant

Hi everyone- has anyone ever seen a mel on a finger nail? It has come to my attention lately and as a pedicurist/manicurist, I am really interested in it. I had a magazine for nails come to me last week and the page I opened it to was mel of the nail. I have done manis for 23 years and don’t believe I have ever come across it but again, didn’t know what I was looking for at the time. It looks like what nails look like when someone damages their nails from “ripping” off acrylic nails. A line down the nail is the typical look, but dark in color. I read that damaging your nails sometime in your life can cause mel? Catherine, do you know of this?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Acral lentiginous melanoma can occur in the nail bed, palms and soles of the feet and toenail beds. It is very rare. If you have a discoloration that isn’t from an injury and grows into the toe rather than out. A biopsy by a dermatologist can tell for sure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.