Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Merck PD1 #13 and 36 week scans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    erinmay22
    Participant

I know I’ve been slow on updating. Where did the summer go? I started Merck’s anti-pd1 in Jan of this year. I started to get some shrinkage prior to starting (late responder to ipi?). I’ve been on Merck’s low dose now for 36+ weeks. My scans continue to show small tumors getting smaller and nothing new. (a year ago I had a large tumor removed from my small intestine but they couldn’t remove the tumors in the lymph nodes surrounding it).

This seems to be a great drug so far with minimal side effects. Fatigue sits in sometime (ok, maybe it’s self inflicted?) but so far so good!

Just wanted to share and provide some hope!

Erin

http://www.melanomaandthecity.blogspot.com “people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel’ Maya Angelou

pastwinner
    Participant

Wonderful news, Erin!!!! So happy to hear this!

Lear

Dick_K
    Participant

Hi Erin, thanks for posting your good news.

Dick

Anonymous

Outstanding Erin!! :) :)

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Great News ERIN!! Can’t tell you how you made my day. Thanks for sharing here.

erinmay22
    Participant

Thanks everyone :) What a difference a year makes! I’m almost back to being a ‘boring’ patient ;)

buffcody
    Participant

Wonderful to start the morning with your great news!

Frank

gostan
    Participant

Erin

Simply Superb! I am going to have an extra bounce in my step today to try to match yours.

Biljana
    Participant

Great news Erin,

Hope you will stay ‘boring patient’ for years and years from now!

Biljana

tasjacques
    Participant

Erin so happy for you!!! It is really a good medication…my husband is also responding, we are so happy.

Enjoy your ‘boring’ days :)

Elenise

Sandalwood36
    Participant

Congrats Erin! Please know that my thoughts and prayers are still with all on this forum and all battling this horrific disease. You go girl!

BNP68
    Participant

Erin,

You and I have a similar diagnosis. In May I had about 24cm of my small intestines removed which had 4 masses. I also had some lymph node involvement that was removed during the surgery. Thought they got it all and maybe they did but a couple months later they found some additional mets in some lymph nodes in the intestines area that were unresectable. I’m now in the BMS anti-PD1/IPI trial. I know everyone is responds differently but I’m hoping our similar diagnosis equates to similar results from the treatment!

Brian

Sula
    Participant

hi Erin —

I think of you while I wait & wait in that 4th floor MSKCC room — but your news is worth waiting for, and I’m so HAPPY for you. Here’s hoping that the BMS PD#1 is going to provide similar results.

Enjoying your blog — it’s inspiring!

all the best,

Ursula

erinmay22
    Participant

Thanks Everyone!

Brian – yes, it does sound like we have similar stories. They removed 1 lymph node with my small bowel resection, but there were several they couldn’t get to. Guess they were surrounding the main artery to my small intestine and trying to remove it meant risk of destroying blood flow to the small bowel. Here’s hoping it works for you!

Ursula – you’re a patient at sloan also? Who’s your doctor? I was down on the 4th floor, but given my results so far and the fact that they’ve added SO many patients to the trials I’ve been moved back to my doctor on the 5th floor. Doesn’t mean the wait times are any less! lol :)

Here’s hoping the BMS drug does the same for you!

Have a great weekend!

Erin

Sula
    Participant

I’m with Dr. Wolchok. Just at week 12.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.