Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV MGA271 Clinical Trial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GeoW
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience with the drug MGA271 (Identifier: NCT01391143)? We are considering this for my wife who was diagnosed with Stagey IV unknown primary in Dec. 2012. She is Braf Neg., was not a responder to IPI, was an initial responder to PD-1 then had progression and is off that trial. She has had radiation to several bone mets and tumors in her stomach with good results.

I am having trouble finding much information about this drug and was hoping someone on this board may have some insight.

Thank you Catherine for all you do for the ‘Community’ and everyone else on this forum who provides valuable information for those seeking treatment and support.

George

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This is early in investigation and I have a call into several folks to learn more. I will report back anything I find out but the investigators i.e. Flaherty, Infante, etc are tops who are doing this trial so that says something!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I found out it is: in immune checkpoint family (CTLA-4, PD-1, etc). But, may be a drug best given in combination (with those specific drugs) for maximum effect.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.