Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV MK3475 EAP Second Level centers – timing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sue_forMike
    Participant

My husband’s doctor is trying to get access to the EAP for my husband and other patients. The pharmacist at the cancer center told me they met with Merck rep, and are now doing paperwork and following “the process” to be able to order the drug. This cancer center did NOT have a PD-1 clinical trial, so my understanding is that they would be “second level” as far as getting access to the EAP.

The pharmacist said she hopes to have more info next week on when they might be able to order the drug.

Does anyone have experience as to how long a process it is between request (by cancer center to Merck) and the treatment actually being available for patients? Is it measured in days? Weeks? months?

The waiting is so anxiety-provoking!

Thank you.

Sue

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I know how frustrated you must feel. It has been a slow process even for the centers that had the trial previously. I just had word that one in New Jersey was close to opening but so far, only the Mayo clinic locations and two in Los Angeles area were up and running. The process has been outsourced to a company that we mentioned in previous posts. But best to keep on it at the center you wish to go to or travel to one of the other locations. I just had two patients go to Jacksonville Mayo and start within the week.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.