Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II mole areola male – 1st diagnosed 4 years ago

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marksartor
    Participant

I have a small black mole on my left areola. I am a 65 year old male, and was diagnosed with melanoma 4-5 years ago or so on my right calf. I think it was an early diagnosis stage 1, and no spreading in secondary excision. I can’t remember the thickness of the cancer, but it was fairly thin I think.

(I was registered here before, but couldn’t remember my login so had to re-register, so my earlier posts would have listed the thickness. LOL)

I know I need to have my doctor look at it, and maybe biopsy if he feels it merits a closer look, but I’m wondering if the location of the mole/black spot is of any greater concern than if it was on any other regular skin.. like on arm or leg etc.. it looks about 3 mm in width. it’s new within the last year or so..

thanks for any input you can provide!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Well a change in a mole, or new mole appearing is good reason to get it checked. The mole on your calf would be less risky by location and also by thinness. But you can’t second guess what a good biopsy and pathologist will tell you. So hang in there and let us know what the doctor says.

marksartor
    Participant

Thanks for the information! I’ll let you all know how it turns out..

Lisa P
    Participant

Any news yet?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.