Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Mole check update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BigRed1984
    Participant

So my mole check was last week on the 17th. It went really well. My derm looked at all the spots I was convinced were cancer with her magical magnifying tool and told me nothing looks suspicious to her. She said I have the best skin she was going to see all day and that I have a good prognosis. My mel was in-situ. She told me I have a healthy mole pattern? Sounds good to me. I appreciated her bedside manner, she made me feel better. I also asked about melanoma and pregnancy since we are thinking about adding another addition. She told me there is no evidence that pregnancy influences melanoma development or prognosis. She told me to go for it. It’s a little scary but I think we will.

Another point of interest… I mentioned I was upset because I had done so much damage as a kid, several peeling burns, tanning before school dances/vacations etc… She said a study done in Australia recently came out. In the 90’s they took two large groups of people, adults, one group was to use spf 17 on their face, neck hands, and other exposed areas EVERY DAY. The other groups sunblock use was discretionary, they could do whatever. So ten years later the group who wore the spf daily had a 50% reduced incidence of melanoma compared to the other group. Finally something that shows that spf can be preventative in adults!!!

Jenni
    Participant

Hi BigRed,

Glad to hear it went well! She is great and told me the same regarding having children. We are working on #2, it is just taking us longer this time around :)

She is great, I feel good after she looks at my skin too. She told me that I have a decent amount of moles, but that mine are actually rather small, compared to a lot of the people she sees and that they all seem stable and to resemble each other. She has been doing clinics like this for years, we have to trust her judgement. :)

Cheers,

Jenni

BigRed1984
    Participant

Thanks Jenni!

I am glad to hear your moles aren’t so bad either! Good luck on baby #2. Our first took a long time, it can be quite frustrating. I seem to be on the boards less these days. But I would love to try to keep in touch when I see you post. Have a beautiful weekend!

Jenni
    Participant

It is frustrating, especially since it took 1 month to conceive with my first. And now, I felt this would be the same and we are going on 9 months of trying now. :) Oh well. It will happen, I am not worried, just a bit annoyed from time to time. As you know, you get the thought in your head that it is this month, I know we did it, and then no, it’s not.

Glad to hear you are on less and off having fun! I am too. Trying to keep tabs on people here but also trying to keep myself mentally healthy and thinking positive.

Have a great weekend too!

Jenni

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.