Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Mom’s Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tiko
    Participant

😥

Sad to say that the Ipilumimab did not work and we ran out of treatment options.

Mom is now in Hospice (in home care) at my sister’s house. She will be with us just a few weeks if that.

We gave it our best shot and thank God she was with us as long as she was with this beast of a disease (she was dx with Stage III in 1997). We made a decision a long time ago to never second guess our options / decisions. She did numerous clinical trials at Moffit and MD Anderson and locally. Hopefully it will help someone else one day.

Tiko

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Tiko,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mother. But hospice can be a peaceful place with wonderful care. It is true that many others will benefit from her participation in the clinical trials. That is how we make discoveries for good therapies. Take care of yourself, too, during this stressful time.

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Tiko,

I’m so sorry you are going through this with your mom. My dad had in home hospice and they were wonderful.

Thinking of you and your family during this very difficult transition. Wishing you peace and strength.

Shirley Z

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.