Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV More good news…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dick_K
    Participant

At my last regular check-up on February 27th, my bilirubin was once again elevated and it was decided to retest in three weeks rather than the normal six. The nurses also suggested that lack of proper hydration could be a contributing factor. I decided to make a chart for myself where I would be able to keep track of my fluid intake.

Good news yesterday, after the three week retest with a telephone call, my bilirubin had returned to normal. A side benefit, my creatinine was also greatly reduced. Proper hydration is now my new best friend.

The day before this call I got another good telephone call, although it was not so good for my wife, she would be losing her night light. Since I am still in the Zelboraf phase II clinical trial, the protocol called for scans every six weeks. My doctor was finally able to get permission to get that changed to every twelve weeks; I won’t be glowing as much anymore!

Dick

Celeste Morris
    Participant

Congratulations on ALL accounts!!! That is great news! I am sick of my every 3 month scans, I can’t even imagine having to do them every 6 weeks for as long as you have! Very happy for you. c

bettin
    Participant

Dear Dick,

while I am truly sorry for you wife loosing her night light- NOT AT ALL- what wonderful news!!!!!!

Wishing you all the best-

Bettina

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.