Home Forums For Caregivers Only My Dad Passed Away 2/28/13

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DadZGirl
    Participant

Dear fellow caregivers,

Wanted to post here and let you know my father passed away on Thursday 2/28 here at our home, peacefully and surrounded by our family.

This site was my number one source of accurate information and advice that taught me what we were up against with his disease and guided me in his care.

I praise God for each of you, this site, and for the peace and comfort we found for Dad in the end.

Thanks for all that you do here.

Sincerely,

Laura

Anonymous

I’m sorry Laura.

Now rest and seek your own healing and peace.

Jeff

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Your dad couldn’t have had a better caregiver than you Laura. He was a lucky man. I agree with Jeff that you now need to focus on yourself and healing from this ordeal. I hope you will still visit us as you have much wisdom to share.

abdorma
    Participant

Dear Laura,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. As others have said, what a great gift you were to your father. I am thinking you have felt that taking care of him in this journey has been a great gift to you.

You have brought such thoughtfulness and support to all of us on this forum. I too hope you stay in touch.

May you have a chance to rest now and process all that you have gone through. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Peace!

Ann

dkmc
    Participant

Oh Laura I am so sorry to hear of your fathers passing. I lost my father after 5 months of hospice care…well almost 2 years ago. Very ,very hard to go through but…there is a kind of privledge to be taking this difficult journey with a loved one. I miss him every day but I am surely my fathers daughter & a great gift that is… as you well know. My thoughts are with you & your family. Thank you for sharing & caring about us too!

Karen

meeshka6059
    Participant

So sorry to hear your news. I’m sending you peace and love, warmth and blessings. xo ~m

Cecelia
    Participant

Laura, so sorry to hear your news, but I share the thought expressed so well by others–you were indeed a blessing to your father when he most needed it. Now rest.

meeshka6059
    Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss. I, too, lost my father, 3-26-13, to this dreaded disease. I hope we can all find peace. With warmth and love, Michelle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘For Caregivers Only’ is closed to new topics and replies.