Home Forums For Caregivers Only my husband past away

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fguzman
    Participant

Hello to all,

my husband past away 2 weeks ago. melanoma brain mets.

my best wishes to all! and thank you all for your support while he was suffering with this type of cancer. God is merciful and I am grateful for all the good memories.

franny

abdorma
    Participant

Dear Franny,

I will be remembering you and your family in my prayers. So very sorry to hear that your husband lost his battle with this disease. I hope you have family and friends surrounding you and that you are finding some peace.

ann

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Franny,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. This disease takes a terrible toll. I hope you are resting up and taking good care of yourself now.

tbeau
    Participant

Franny:

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous

I’m sorry for your loss Franny.

You must feel overwhelmed at times with this gaping hole in your life which you cannot imagine ever being filled. But I can assure you that things in time will improve. It will be difficult and you may think it impossible right now but the joy in life WILL INDEED return. But it will take time. Don’t rush, judge or compare yourself to others. You will do this at your own pace and in your own way.

With the help of God and others you will find peace, comfort and joy. The memories that may seem white hot and painfull now will become pleasant. Strangely, you’ll find that your sorrow and happiness can, and often do, coexist.

You were such a wonderful care giver to your husband but your duties to him are now over. It’s time to care for yourself. And that will seem very strange and difficult at first. Try to take that loving, caring person who cared so deeply and dearly for your husband and turn her inward toward you. Be kind to yourself. Treat yourself well.

Tell us how you are doing. There are many of us here for you.

God bless you Franny.

Jeff

tasjacques
    Participant

Franny, I am so sorry to read this, and my heart goes to you. Jeff has wise words for you. I will keep you in my prayers for you to find peace in all this sorrow.

As Jeff said be kind to yourself, we care for you.

Elenise

Fguzman
    Participant

Thank you all again for your supportive encouragement.

It is difficult, I miss him greatly!

I am going to take a trip to Cancun where we planned to retired. I need to see the ocean and say good bye to him one more time. He was my best friend for 35 years. we got married at age 20 and had three children right after, then two more. Now I know why we had to live so fast and intense at times. Together we grew up, and slowly got to the point that we were satisfied with ourselves and with each other. He worked as a truck driver, long hours, while I went to nursing school and raised the 5 children. He thought me how to do things without complaining,to finish what I start, and to be content with basic things.

many times we conflicted because I liked abundance in everything and he did not.

but at the end I told him “Everything was worth it” he replied “yes??” so I said yes!!!

I was able to say good bye to him, he could barely had energy to respond, and after a few minutes.

he told me the same thing he had in the past “it has been an adventure to live with you, never a dull moment”

there is a lot to do, and it is painful to see his signature, his notes, his wallet…… but i tell myself only one day at a time. I did with God’s help as much as I could to help him. now I need to learn to be without him physically. my best to all family who are dealing with this disease.

Thank you! God bless all with peace.

franny

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘For Caregivers Only’ is closed to new topics and replies.