Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV My sister’s journey

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Thomvdv
    Participant

Having new scans on July 31, month 27. She still is going strong so we are full of hope the scans will second that.

Thomvdv
    Participant

all stable!

1 met or scar on liver remains 7,7mm

Great news Thom! So encouraging to hear

Mikers
    Participant

Excellent, Thom!

You’ve wrote “or scar”. Does it mean that it possibly can be not met already but just someth what left after inhibitors work?

Thomvdv
    Participant

Hi Mikers,

they don’t know if the spot they see is a stable but active tumor or that it is a scar – inactive dead tumor

Gilly
    Participant

Great story Tom – my husband has been on the Combi V trial 31 months – 28 months on the Vemurafenib arm and then recently 3 months on the Dab/Tram arm – all his tumours reduced to almost nothing on Vem/Zelboraf – the side effects were tough but he worked full time – eventually after several drug-induced new NRAS melanomas and having had enough of the hyper sun sensitivity , he asked for Crossover – the Dab/Tram has been such a relief – NO side effects except fatigue ! So far there are probably as many people on the “Tail of the curve” of Targeted therapies as Ipi complete responders – time will tell ! all the best to your sister !

Thomvdv
    Participant

bloodworks today. again high blood pressure. (she already takes 30 mg of medication)

she will have to be monitored closely. if it stays high, they’ll have to measures according to protocol

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

How is she doing otherwise? How are her spirits? Anxiety can drive blood pressure up as well. I hope she continues on a good path and your support is wonderful for her.

Thomvdv
    Participant

those moods come and go but doing a lot better

plus she started a new job and her son has had vacation for 8 weeks now; he’s a handful to say the least

she is now getting a 24h meter

Thomvdv
    Participant

r there any other tips to reduce pressure?

more rest? she has been on a diet since a couple of weeks and jogging again

Thomvdv
    Participant

she got the meter now and downstairs it again was normal so maybe it was just an episode

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Meditation, yoga, relaxing bath! Stress can drive it up. Salt intake should be watched and of course smoking is no good for it. Many folks do have it because of stress.

Thomvdv
    Participant

so clearly hypertention, onc calls it grade3 side effect. she has to take 10mg more of Zanidip. i’m hoping with school starting and she taking her meds EVERY day on the SAME time it will help

ronen
    Participant

only trametinib must be refrigerated, dabrafenib – no need

Thomvdv
    Participant

urgh my sister’s onc is leaving in december.

don’t know how she’ll react and if should tell her

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 150 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.