Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Neurosurgeon Recommendations please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jamesa
    Participant

Hi,

I have a friend who is dealing with Brain Mets. Previous mets were treated with radiation but know seem to be growing again so he needs a neurosurgeon.

He lives in California but would travel anywhere to be treated by the “best” neurosurgeon.

I would appreciate any recommendation or feedback on your experience with your Neurosurgeon.

Thank you for your help.

James

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I would certainly stick to the teaching institutions, like UCLA or UCSF in California. Our favorite on our board, is Veronica Chiang, MD, who did the webinar on this very subject, she is at Yale Cancer Center.

kylez
    Participant

James, I had the second of two neurosurgeries at UCSF in 2011. I feel lucky to have been treated there. It was a double craniotomy (left parietal and right temporal). I felt very well taken care of, and that I was at a place that is as good as it gets.

-Kyle

jamesa
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. Can you give me the name of your UCSF neurosurgeon (s)/doctor so I can give it to my friend. Stay Well, James

kylez
    Participant

My neurosurgeon is Dr. Michael McDermott, and my radiation oncologist is Dr. Penny Sneed. There are other great neurosurgeons there as well, but having experienced their work I would be asking for those two again if I needed to go back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.