• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    toastwave
    Participant

Hello all,

We are relocating to the East Coast to be near family. Can anyone recommend a good derm in the Baltimore/DC region. We will likely be living between the two so either would work. I know to look at the centers for melanoma excellence but I wondered if anyone had personal experience with any doc. that they particularly liked within those centers. Since everyone is different, I’ll just say that I like doctors who thoroughly explain everything, do not assume patients are stupid, and are in no way paternalistic. I love my current derm so am totally sad to be leaving her behind.

Thanks!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I think Hopkins has the best comprehensive program in that area. I don’t know of any individual names though. You can do some research by going to http://www.aad.org and put in the zipcode. Look for those not emphasizing cosmetics.

msue5
    Participant

I go to Washington Hospital Center Melanoma Center and see Dr. Venna a Derm/Onc. He is thorough and very cautious. I am currently going through a series of excisions caused by Zelboraf so am going weekly until all are gone. They hold Melanoma Clinic on Wed afternoons and if you have something urgent they have always fit me in. It is a teaching hospital so you get an exam by a resident first then by Dr. Venna.Hope this helps.

Mary Sue

msue5
    Participant

Forgot to mention they photograph anything suspicious that they want to keep an eye on. While this doesn’t compare to whole body photography it is reassuring.

Mary Sue

toastwave
    Participant

thanks for the recs everyone! we just arrived and I am waiting for my records to get here. I will follow-up on the various individuals you’ve suggested. it is a bit nerve wracking to transfer care, no?! Esp. when you were happy with your provider.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.