• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    medis
    Participant

Hello, my girlfirend have melanoma. It is 1 b. Tumor thicknes 1,2 mm clark IV, not ulcerated. It is very bad? Can she expect that melanoma cant return?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

It is nice that you are looking out for your friend. Did she have a sentinel node biopsy. That would be recommended for a melanoma over 1.0. Where is she going for treatment?

medis
    Participant

Yes, she did She have sentinel node biobsy. She is clear. She is from Lithuania, she is going for treatmen in Vilnius.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Was the node biopsy clear? If so, she has a good chance that she won’t deal with melanoma again. I hope so.

medis
    Participant

Yes, the node biopsy was clear. Thank you for answers.

7spider
    Participant

Medis, I don’t think there are any guarantees it won’t come back, but the good thing is you caught it before it got any thicker and the SNLB was clear. I am also 1b .88mm so I kinda understand your worry and concern. Just keep up with the skin check ups and the Doctors advice and if your not comfortable with one Doctor then go to another for a second opinion. Catherines advice and suggestions also helped me a lot. Try to stay positive and informed, good luck with everything and remember you’re not alone.

Worrywart
    Participant

I’m sorry your girlfriend was dx with melanoma. It is good her node biopsy was clear. She should obtain a copy of her path report. Take note of mitotic rate. An aggressive tumor will have a higher mitotic rate, a low mitotic rate, however, is a good indicator. There are no guarantees, but she has better odds that it will not return.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.