Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV New Interesting Trial for BRAf neg/pos to check out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I am working with a patient who is finding this trial very promising. It is a targeted approach that is very interesting: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01522664?term=DEDN6526A&rank=1

Melamom91
    Participant

Catherine,

I had heard the side effects were bad and at most a couple of people were getting 6 mos out of this drug. Can you elaborate? I’m at a crossroads and trying to get into BMS PD1 but probably won’t qualify. Failed biochemo, Ipi, and now zelboraf twice. Second time on Z was intermittent dosing but didn’t last as long as the first.

This Is an antibody tied to a chemo that goes inside the cell correct? With a very limited accrual.

Thank you very much

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’ve heard good things from my scientific folks and that side effects were minimal. Have you looked into PD1? There are many trials accruing for that too.

Melamom91
    Participant

I am talking about the phase 3 BMS with my Dr Monday however I believe it it randomized and has a dacarbazine arm which I think is scary. Don’t know much about the Merck or Genentech. Where would be a good place to find this info? I find clinicaltrials.gov overwhelming and often outdated.

Honestly, feeling a little hopeless at this point so anything would help. Weary after battling 3 years.

Thanks!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

The BMS trial does not have crossover if you get chemo and should progress. The Merck trial allows crossover. Both trials have a good ratio, 3 to 1 of who gets PD1 though. I’ve listed the locations here before for the Merck and BMS. Where do you live? I can provide the Merck trial listing nearby for you.

Melamom91
    Participant

Found it. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.