Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II New mole on excision scar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wlaw
    Participant

I had a melanacytic nevus completely excised almost 3 months ago and got a good report…recently Ihave noticed a new small mole has appeared at the end of the scar. This mole is brand new and doesnt look strange, but it worries me that it appeared there where they removed a melanacytic mole. What should I do? I don’t have my checkup at the dermatologist for almost 6 months.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I would definitely call the dermatologist and express your worry. They may want to see it and decide whether to remove it. I wouldn’t wait 6 months. Let us know how things go.

Laurie
    Participant

I agree with Catherine. You noticed it, your derm should probably take a look at it sooner rather than later. And chances are, it probably is nothing. By why take that chance. Good Luck! (I found two of my own in-situs during my regular skin checks.)

Worrywart
    Participant

Since it was a benign mole that was removed, it’s most likely the same benign mole growing back. However, anything new always needs checked. Good luck!

Wlaw
    Participant

Thanks everyone! I had it checked and it was an inherent mole that she wasn’t worried about. I will continue to watch it, but all is well right now :)

Laurie
    Participant

Wlaw, Great News!!! And watching your skin (for new or change) is one of the best things you can do. Enjoy your weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.