• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zelda
    Participant

Hello, I am new here. My 15 y/o daughter saw an ugly mole on my back 13 days ago. She took a pic with her phone and had me look at it. It looked like a textbook picture of a Melanoma. That was a Saturday night. Monday I called and got into a Dermatologist that I had heard good things about, on Wednesday. When she saw it, she agreed. So much so she called 3 or 4 staff members in to look at it. She cut it off and sent it to the pathologist. The results came back Frifay, and she had me back in yesterday and cut a substantial bit around it, sent it back to lab and said she thinks she got it all the first time. I am so greatful to my daughter for speaking up and showing me. I wouldnt have seen it on my own. I got a copy of my pathology this is what it says:Skin Shave biopsy left mid back.Melanoma, Breslow thickness 0.90 MM No ulceration Miotic index 1/SQ. mm; moderate lymphocytic response. Lateral edges and base free of Melocytic proliferation. Does this sound like a good outcome? I am hopeful and greatful. I would appreciate any feedback on pathology. Thanks

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Lesions 1.0 and under normally have a good prognosis. You have a small mitotic figure as well. Careful follow up is important as well, having the doctor palpate your lymph nodes and look for other potential suspicious lesions. Do your own skin exam too regularly, perhaps with your helpful daughter!

zelda
    Participant

Thank you for your response. It’s reassuring to hear someone elses interpretation..I will be following up every 3 months.

Trajce
    Participant

Can you please tell me if this mole could be melanoma? I have this mole from my birth by the way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.