Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Newly diagnosed, help with pathological results please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Farmwife
    Participant

Hi there, I was just diagnosed with MM yesterday by my primary care doctor. My cancer has not been staged yet, we are waiting to see the dermatologist and let them do it. But in the meantime I was hoping you all could help me to understand my results better. I have done a lot of research so have somewhat of a grasp on things but not like I would like to. Here are my results:

Tumor is on my back it’s a malignant melanoma with spitzoid features

Ulceration: Not identified

Breslow thickness: 1.15mm

Clark level: IV

Margins: involved

Lateral margin: involved by in situ and invasive melanoma

Deep margin: Uninvolved

Growth phase: radial and vertical growth phase

Mitotic rate 4 per sq mm

Lymphocytes are present and multi focal

Probably pre-existing atypical compound spitz Neva

Comments: the biopsy shows atypical compound spitzoid melanocytic proliferation with maturation defect and frequent mitosis, including mitosis at the deep aspect in dermis

Some of the other info is non identified .

Any help figuring this all out would be most appreciated! Thanks so much

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You should have this evaluated by an experienced dermatologist for the next steps. The mitotic factor and breslow depth may indicate the need for a sentinel node biopsy. Spitzoid usually means benign. Further excision and the Sentinel Node Biopsy may be the final plan. I would doubt the need for any additional therapy such as immunotherapy. A specialized doctor in melanoma would give you the most judicious advice. It does sound pretty low risk and please stay in touch.

Farmwife
    Participant

Thank you so much for your reply! I am scheduled to see the dermatologist on Monday so might know a bit more then. I really appreciate you taking the time to get back to me.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Let us know what the result of your visit is. WE are here to support you.

Farmwife
    Participant

Little update…..

I went to the dermatologist and they are referring me to cancer care. I have an appointment next week with them. It sounds like most likely I will have a wide excision and the procedure to check my lymph nodes done. The results of that will determine my stage and we will go from there. The waiting and the unknown is torture! I’m trying to keep myself busy and stay off google but it’s hard. Thank you for the support.❤️

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You can get your information here! Or any other HonCode site (click on the HonCode sticker in the upper right corner. To learn more about the sentinel node biopsy, go here: http://melanomainternational.org/melanoma-facts/sentinel-node-biopsy/#.XY3-XVVKiM8

Feel free to call our helpline or email me personally: cpoole@melanomainternational.org

We are here to support you. Try not to worry, get a massage, and take deep breaths when you feel anxious.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You can get your information here! Or any other HonCode site (click on the HonCode sticker in the upper right corner. To learn more about the sentinel node biopsy, go here: http://melanomainternational.org/melanoma-facts/sentinel-node-biopsy/#.XY3-XVVKiM8

Feel free to call our helpline or email me personally: cpoole@melanomainternational.org

We are here to support you. Try not to worry, get a massage, and take deep breaths when you feel anxious.

willwon155
    Participant

Thanks, for giving peace of a great blog it’s really helpful for us and please post more blog like this for my future updates, once again thank you. A good SEO corporation will create your SEO strategy to establish or grow your online status. They know that a truly successful SEO Services Brampton campaign is one that increases your status visibility. Brand development should not be a secondary outcome of SEO – it should be considered with every tactic used.

point30
    Participant

Hi Farmwife,

Just to let you know we are all hear to listen! Wishing you the best in your upcoming appointments.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.