Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Newly diagnosed – Intro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear about the urine scare too. The best I can tell you is that if you tried to focus on the moment and not the future or the past, then it is harder to be anxious about this stuff. I agree that this is most likely nothing serious.

mac24601
    Participant

Thanks for the reassurance casey. Since having the baby I haven’t gotten my first post-partum period so maybe it’s coming and I just don’t know it. It seems like everytime I get myself at peace, something else gets me worked up. I do know that from now on I will do anything in my power to stay healthy. I bought a new hat to wear in the sun, a bunch of new sun block, vitamin D supplements and eating healthy food. I don’t have too much to change because I really didn’t live an unhealthy lifestyle, but I’m going to make all the changes I can to never have to deal with this or something similar again.

mac24601
    Participant

I’m at home resting from surgery today. It went well and I’m glad it’s over. The worst part was the sentinal node mapping in nuclear med. The wait was really long and the shots hurt a lot, but I had anticipated that based on what everyone said. The good part is that the shots only take a few seconds each. My arm does hurt but not too badly. Just like someone punched me in the arm really hard. Now all I have left to do is wait for the results!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Wishing you the best recovery. Eat prunes, a natural way to deal with constipation. Try not to dwell on the results, but enjoy being home and the comforts of your family.

7spider
    Participant

Glad you made it thru the surgery ok. I didn’t like the shots for the SLNB either. Good luck w/ the results and I hope your arm feels better soon.

dk06
    Participant

I wanted to share my experience on the blood in the urine thing too. I was dealing with this at the same time as my melanoma diagnosis as well. I was actually a few hours from going to the hospital to do an ultrasound for microscopic blood in my urine when I found out about my melanoma in situ. Talk about being a basket case!

Have you had your urine checked for it before? (it is not something they normally test for). They found mine by “accident”, but once they find it, they want to make sure it isn’t anything serious. Sometimes it will go away on its own so they will do some repeat checks to see if it does. Mine is always there though every time mine is tested and that is “normal” for some people, but I had to do a bunch of tests to make sure.

I had an abdominal ultrasound, xrays, abdominal CT, and a bladder scope to rule out anything serious. No cause was found for mine. I later discovered that my mom had it in a recent checkup and again, no cause was found.

For me, the crazy thing was that I was much more worried about the urine thing than I was about the mole I had removed before I knew the results (thanks to Internet searches).

Worrywart
    Participant

Positive thoughts for a negative SNB! Thinking of you!

As for blood in urine, add me to list. I’ve had all the testing done and mine has been to have no cause. This is actually pretty common.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.