• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sumdum
    Participant

I noticed a rock hard lymph node under my ear over a week ago. I made a doctors appt because I thought it was odd that it wasn’t going away. We moved recently so I made the appt with a new dr. So we were going over past medical history and all that fun stuff. I pointed out a mole on my forearm that I have had for about two years. It is very strange looking, but up until recently it was smooth so I didn’t think much of it. ( I didn’t realize that even if flat they should still be monitored ). I told her that over the summer it started getting bumpy and a black raised spot had showed up that is flakey. It is asymmetrical, multicolored, jagged edges and about the size of 1 and 1/2 pencil erasers.. Here is a pic : http://imgur.com/GNla5DS

Anyhow she was concerned and referred me to a dermatologist. I go Thursday.

So I am nervous but hoping for the best. However no one in my family seems concerned, not even my husband. When I told my hubs he said its nothing to worry about and they will just remove it. In fact, if I try to talk to him about it and the “what ifs” he seems irritated. It really hurts that he cares so little.

I know i have not been diagnosed, but have no one else to talk to. Thursday seems so far away and I am nervous. So here I am…

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I know how difficult this time is for you. You need to take each day at a time, one moment at a time until you get through the waiting of the biopsy and follow up. Can you see a counselor? Often when family are not supportive, counselors can fill in that gap. I’m not sure what is up with your husband, but he may not be able to show support or sympathy. Look to friends and other family members. And hopefully this will be something low risk. (exercise, and meditate too!)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.