Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II No Shortage of Tanning Beds for Students at Top Colleges

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/shortage-tanning-beds-students-top-colleges-us/story?id=26563629

Researchers at the University of Massachusetts Medical School found that nearly half of the top 125 colleges and universities from the U.S. News and World Report had indoor tanning beds either on campus or in off-campus housing. They also found that more than 500,000 students have access to tanning beds on campus.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Yup and the off campus housing use it as a lure for rentals. I was appalled that the tanning beds in the off campus housing (where my son was at PennState) are unsupervised and therefore someone could sleep in one all day and it wouldn’t be noticed.

Also, the gyms that have them are also pretty well unsupervised for excessive use if someone wanted to. I believe it is Gold’s gyms and Planet Fitness have tanning beds. They really should be boycotted since this is NOT a health club that promotes good health.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.