• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

I had SLNB under left arm in August, 2011. I don’t feel any lumps or bumps or anything like that, but I still feel pain sometimes, like if I press on the scar it hurts a bit or if I sleep on my left side I wake up and that area hurts for a while. Is this “normal” or should I be worried about the discomfort that it might indicate something else going on in that area, like melanoma in the lymph node basin, etc. . ? How long is it “normal” for this to go on after surgery?

Worrywart
    Participant

I doubt its anything to worry about – I still have pains in my c section scar and that was almost 5 yrs ago.

Lisa P
    Participant

Scar tissue is a funny thing. Some of my scars from 30 years ago are still sensitive. Others, some of which re newer, don’t bother me. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason as to what hurts and what doesn’t. As usual, my advice is this: if you’re at all worried — give your doc a call. It can’t hurt to put your mind at ease. In the meantime, I stand by the assessment that it’s normal to experience pain and discomfort around a scar. Take care — L

wpatterson4
    Participant

My understanding is that a cancerous lymph node would probably NOT be painful to the touch. I think you’re alright. There’s always the old standby solution for peace of mind, however – going to the doc.

cohanja
    Participant

Doc says, “Pain from a surgical site, especially a large one like yours can continue for many years. Your description would be consistent with your treatment. I am not concerned about the possibility of a recurrence.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.