• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

How long after a SNB procedure should one still feel pain under the arm (off and on)? I’m 15 months out and still sometimes (seemingly randomly) feel pain under the arm that had 2 nodes removed. I don’t feel any lumps or bumps, just sometimes a dull pain. Is that a sign of concern or “normal?” When should one go to the Dr due to that?

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I think nerve endings get cut and you could have funny sensations for some time. Also, messing around with lymph nodes seems like an unforgiving thing to do to them. But get it checked if you are worried.

Jenni
    Participant

Cohanja,

I haven’t had any nodes removed, but WLE scar still had dull aches and pains and it has been almost 3 years since I had the surgery. I think it is nerves. My c section scar is the same way, I get internal aches and dull pains off and on and my daughter is going to be 2 next month :)

I think it is just our body healing and if you don’t feel any lumps or bumps and it is not constant pain I wouldn’t worry about it.

Jenni

cohanja
    Participant

Doctors always check by feeling, nobody has felt anything at any of my appointments. So, only other thing other than that to get it checked out would be like ultrasound or something which I don’t think is necessary. Must be surgery related.

olivermb
    Participant

I had a WLE for an in situ on the top of my foot in April. I had shooting nerve pains in my toes, not at the WLE site, almost every night. I was becoming half delirious due to lack of sleep, but my doctor reassured me that the nerve was regenerating and that it just takes a loooong time.

Long story short — I tried acupuncture for the first time in my life, and the pain was gone after two sessions. I’m sure it wouldn’t work for everyone, and I have to admit that I was skeptical and still have a hard time believing it. But, hey, I’ll take it! It sure seems like a low-risk thing to try, and the price was right ($45 for the first session, $35 for the second).

Just a thought….

My best,

Mary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.