Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV NYU Cancer Institute Staatus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dick_K
    Participant

Has anyone heard how Dr. Pavlick or anyone on her staff got through Sandy? Hoping they and their families are all ok.

Also, does anyone know what is going on in lower Manhattan? Is there a status of when the Cancer Institute will reopen?

Hard to believe the havoc Sandy brought to the area.

Dick

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’ve not heard of any issues at NYU. But certainly NYC took a beating along with other areas. Hopefully things will get progressively better in days ahead.

Dick_K
    Participant

Thanks. As near as I can tell there is a large power outage a block from the Cancer Institute although I am unable to tell where it feeds to. It looks as if the NYU Langone Medical Center might have some power restored after having to evacuate patients following a backup generator failure. There is also no telephone service and email is down.

These difficulties coupled with basically no local mass transportation make for a pretty dire situation. New York always is able to pull it out, I’m hoping for the best.

Dick

rochelle
    Participant

Hi Dick,

I am trying to get through as well…do you have any updates?

Martha

rochelle
    Participant

Dick…there is a message on NYU cancer center website that they are closed until power can be restored to the building 1800-400-8566 if you need to get in touch with your physician’s office…

Martha

Dick_K
    Participant

Martha

Good to hear from you, hope all is ok. Thanks for the phone number; I’ll give it a try later in the am. It looks like they are planning to be open on Monday and ConEd is saying power restoration is sometime tomorrow. Next hurdles will be getting my appointment rescheduled and deciding best way to get there. I’m currently looking at Metro North.

Dick

Dick_K
    Participant

Martha

Quick update, it looks like NYU email is back up. I have been sending emails since the beginning only to get them bounced back because their servers were down. I just got an out of office reply from one of Dr. Pavlick’s nurses (she was on vacation at time of storm start).

Dick

rochelle
    Participant

Thanks Dick…I have a very nonessential appt on Monday and will be taking Metro North out of Bridgeport…this will be an interesting trip…:)

Martha

cohanja
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.