• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Happy_girl
    Participant

Are these things good or bad? I haven’t been able to ask my derm.

Regression- partial

Vascular invasion- not identified

Neurotropism- not identified

Satellitosis- not identified

Additional melanocytic lesion- not identified

Tumor infiltrating lymphocytes- partially brisk

Thanks for your help!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

None of these are alarming, but only part of the whole picture of the depth (Breslow) and mitotic rate. Please go to our explanation of these terms here: http://melanomainternational.org/melanoma-facts/pathology and we give you a list of questions to ask your doctor.

Happy_girl
    Participant

Breslow is 1.8

Mitotic rate 3

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

A Sentinel Node Biopsy would be recommended for this depth and mitotic rate. You can learn more about this at: http://melanomainternational.org/melanoma-facts/sentinel-node-biopsy

Are you going to a place of melanoma excellence? That’s important to consider.

Happy_girl
    Participant

I have has both the wls and snb- all came back clear. I just didn’t know what the other parts meant. Thanks so much for your help!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

So now you will probably go back every three months to have your lymph nodes palpated and check your skin regularly. Be sure to point out anything new or different to your doctor. I hope all goes well for you.

Happy_girl
    Participant

Thank you for your help Catherine. I’m working now to be positive and not afraid. I have every reason to believe I will be ok. :)

Happy_girl
    Participant

Is there a chance I could be “done” so to speak with melanoma? Or us it since mine is a deeper stage 1, I will definitely be the one stage 1 person that recurres? I’m just trying to wrap my brain around this. Everyone has been so helpful and kind in previous posts.

Worrywart
    Participant

Hi there,

The only detail that could be a negative is the regression – just because sometimes regression can mask true depth…BUT since your was only partial, that is highly unlikely. It’s a double edged sword, bc regression also means that your body had recognized and was attacking this cancer. Keep that immune system strong through exercise, eating a healthy diet and keeping stress low.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.