Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Pathology Results from surgery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MarcyR
    Participant

I have just received my pathology results from my surgery after the biopsy. I would love an explanation of the some of the terminology if possible. PS- I love the part where it says “all margins free of lesion” :-)

Diagnosis:

Left upper back

Scar with foreign material and multinucleated giant cells consistent with prior biopsy. Focal residual nevus with focal atypical junctional melancytopic hyperplasia. All margins free of lesion (greater than 6mm).

Clinical History: Microscopic diagnosis:

Malignant Melanoma, superficial spreading type. Clark’s level II, .22 mm breslow (greatest thickness). Extending to the peripheral rim.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This is a very low risk melanoma, with a Breslow level of .22. You caught it early, congrats. You should not have to deal with this again.

MarcyR
    Participant

Thanks Catherine for your input. However, all three of the Melanoma patients I have spoke with, and one person who had a relative that passed away from Melanoma, have had reoccurring Melanoma lesions – including one with a stage 0 who eventually dealt with a stage 4 diagnosis 4 years later. So, I want to advise ALL Melanoma patients to take this cancer seriously and get your skin checked out thoroughly every 3 months by a competent dermatologist and make sure that they are checking your lymph nodes (palpitation) in the exam as well. Also, mapping your own skin monthly to make sure your not getting any new spots or changes to existing moles is important. Make sure that you are your own best advocate!!!!

Do your research!! Do not just take anyone’s word or accept a lack of information, including your physician, and do not just trust opinions without checking out those that have gone through cancer themselves and have survived a cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment. Here is a site which really helped me get started on a thorough path in cancer research: http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com Chris, who is a Stage 3 cancer survivor, has spoken to many physicians and patients. Watch the interviews on his site. Many professionals think that our cancerous lesions are a symptom of our immune systems not working correctly. The 4 main reasons why not? Poor nutrition, too much stress, obesity, and lack of exercise. His site provides alternative and relevant information for those of us who have had a cancer diagnosis and want to prevent reoccurrences in the future if possible.

And the best type of reassurance while we are going through this trial? You can have perfect peace that surpasses all understanding. I had it and I have!!! It did not come from within me. There is nothing within myself that could give me peace – at all!!! We do not have to struggle to find peace from within ourselves because real peace does not exist within us. True peace comes from God. . “for He Himself is our peace” (Ephesians 2:14) For me, as a born-again Christian, no matter what happens, I have my Father in Heaven that loves me and I am registered in the Book of Life and will be going to heaven. If you are a born-again Christian, get your bible and please read Philippians 4:6-8. Also, read Romans 8:28. These 2 scriptures are promises from the God Almighty to His born-again children- who love God and have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. And if you are not a born-again Christian? Consider Jesus. He is the way, the truth, and life and no one can come to God except through Him (John 14:6). If you would like to message me regarding how to become a born-again Christian or discuss my walk through my cancer diagnosis, how to have peace throughout this trial, and/or what I have learned, please feel free to contact me at: GodsCherishedDaughter@gmail.com

CelineJouvet
    Participant

MarcyR wrote:

The 4 main reasons why not? Poor nutrition, too much stress, obesity, and lack of exercise.

You’re right. These 4 causes should be corrected in a healthy life ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.