Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Pati: send thoughts and prayers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Not good news on this front and I don’t often do this, but Pati is such an inspiration to me, all that she has accomplished for patients! please watch her video from a while back, it is so compelling and keep her in your thoughts and prayers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmt-j7ZCzVs&feature=player_embedded

Gilly
    Participant

How is Pati doing – I saw her last blog and though she was her usual courageous self I wondered if you had any more news – she is such a force for us european members and while I want her just to focus on herself and her family right now, I would like her to know we are rooting for her….

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

The TIL therapy may not have worked and she has progressed. She is having terrible side effects from radiation. Please do keep your good thoughts going her way. She is a high energy person who has lost that zeal right now.

Shirley Z
    Participant

So sorry to hear this. Pati is such a wonderful person.

My thoughts and prayers are with her for strength and

healing.

Shirley Z

Cecelia
    Participant

Pati has both my thoughts and my prayers. She has been so much help to so many that I’m sure is surrounded by nothing but the most positive energy and grace. She is a true warrior in every sense, and she has all my prayers for this new battle.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Pati entered the hospital on Thursday, with the TIL side effects taking a toll on her. Hopefully, by collective good thoughts sent her way, she will recover to get new therapy.

jamesa
    Participant

Catherine,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I am still praying that Pati will be a complete responder to her TIL treatment.

Pati is such a wonderful person and has done so much for so many.

Have her doctors determined that she has progressed and that she needs to look for another treatment? Is there anything that we can do to help her find another treatment?

Please keep us updated and tell her we are all praying for her and her family.

James

pastwinner
    Participant

Thank you, Catherine, for letting us know what is happening with Pati. I send prayers and love to her and her family. Pati is such a source of strength, knowledge and inspiration – a gift to us all!

Lear

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

She did not respond to the TIL as far as what I can perceive from the doctors. There are not really any other therapies for her to do at this juncture. She needs to first recover from the TIL/IL2 toxicity to her organs.

alankravitz
    Participant

Wishing you and your familly all the best. If anyone deserves to beat this thing it is you. Your efforts on our behalf and you stength will not go unrewarded.

Alan

jamesa
    Participant

Catherine,

Thanks for clarifying Pati’s condition.

Pati has posted that dabrafenib has worked for her in the past.

Is there anyway that (MIF) can petition for Pati to get her the GSK BRAF/Mek combo under “compassionate use”. I think that Pati tried herself but was turned down. However, Pati’s medical condition now might warrant another re-evaluation by GSK to give Pati the GSK drugs

Pati is too sick and certainly not in a position to fight with GSK to get their BRAF & MEK drugs.

This is just a thought that maybe MIF could help Pati get BRAF & MEK drugs under”compassionate use. Who know, maybe the combo drugs could be the “magic bullet” for Pati. Pati is running out of treatments.

I feel just terrible Pati. I am sure if she had the strength she would fight herself.

James

dkmc
    Participant

It is not often I let myself cry, but I don’t think I can stand it if anything happens to Pati. She has been such a positive force in all of this. I follow her on line & think, as I do for all of us…buy some time…there is so much happening now for treatment. Such a harsh cancer this melanoma. Love from all of us to Pati…Karen

Hein
    Participant

Yesterday afternoon I have received a message from Pati’s husband that she is in very critical condition. Her condition is no effect of the TIL or IL2 itself, but Pati received targeted radiation a few weeks back on one tumor which showed no regression from the TIL and gave her a lot of pain. This radiation showed no effect and gave her a lot of side effects and dehydration. For this she was admitted in the hospital last week, where they also discovered that her platelets were very low. There is a really great risk of internal bleedings, bloodclogs or exhaustion and her doctors are not hopefull to be honest.

So please pray for Pati that her strong fightingspirit will pull her through once more.

Sorry I can’ t give you more positive news.

Hein

msue5
    Participant

Praying for you Pati

Mary Sue

Gilly
    Participant

Thinking of all of them !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.