• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ksg1111
    Participant

Onc.suggested PDL1, but the ones I found were for former Yervoy users. Anyone know where PDL1 is available for those who haven’t tried other things?

thanks.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I don’t know of any trials for PDL1 right now but I will look. Try this listing: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01621490?term=PDL1+and+melanoma&rank=3

However the PD1 trials by both Merck and BMS have slots for Yervoy naive. I would ask your doctor to help you find the proper trial. We listed locations and email addresses here of current trials by Merck. Where do you live?

ksg1111
    Participant

I live in Southern Ca, but could go anywhere in CA, Arizona etc

ksg1111
    Participant

I am the person who spoke to you the other day about NIJ studies. Is there an oncologist you would recommend who is in So California and knowledgeable about clinical trials?

Thank you.

jamesa
    Participant

Hello,

The foremost authority on Melanoma is Dr. Tony Ribas, M.D. at UCLA aribas@mednet.ucla.edu -310 206-3928. He has many trials at UCLA

Dr. Ribas is highly recommended by many people on this forum including Catherine & Pati.

You can watch is most recent webinar on PD1 by following the links on this website.

Another authority on Melanama is Dr. Steven O’day. Dr. O’day has also been involved with many trials. He is one of the Doctors that headed up the YERVOY trials.

Beverly Hills Cancer Center

8900 Wilshire Boulevard Beverly Hills, CA 90211

(310) 432-8900 soday@bhcancercenter.com

Dr. O’day is participating in the NEW PHASE 2 Merck trial:

Study of MK-3475 Versus Chemotherapy in Participants With Advanced Melanoma (P08719/MK-3475-002)

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01704287

***********************************************************************************

My suggestion is to contact these 2 doctors to get their opinion.

Good Luck,

James

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I would also add the Angeles Clinic in Santa Monica as having PD1 trials.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.