Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Please help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Violeta
    Participant

Dear all, my sister is feeling very bad these days. she can hardly walk and the arm tumor is almost double, she is weak, anemic and recently developed hypercalcemia a condition which is linked always in her case with the progress of melanoma.. Pains are unbearable, despite all the strategies of her pain management doctor used. I am very worried and sad to see that she is progressing after a period of relative stability with nivolumab.

(..)We are scheduled for compassionate use with the hope to receive in the middle of May, dabrafenib and trametinib. But I am so afraid will be too late. (..) Hoping for the best.

Violeta

mazz75
    Participant

Dear Violeta

I am very sorry for you and for your sister , Unfortunately I cannot help you with the pills.

Please stay strong and don’t give up

I will remember you in my prayers in this difficult moment.

Maggie

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Violeta, I am so sorry to hear this about your sister. Where/who are you getting the braf/mek from? Can we work to hurry them? Email me privately and we can work on this to get the therapy to your sister sooner I hope. cpoole@melanomainternational.org

Violeta
    Participant

Thanks Catherine, I sent recently emails to the doctors, I spoke with m-icab as well, lets see what can be done…Is Easter holiday, things are not easy. I am just trying all the possible ways.

I will email you.

Edit : doctors were very helpful, one month was the fastest possible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.