Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Question: Merck PD1 with stable LMD?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tracyh
    Participant

This is a bit of an unusual question because rarely is leptomeningeal disease stable and improving, but such is the case with my husband. A brief summation of where we are: He is being treated with intrathecal IL2 at MD Anderson since Feb this year, and his LMD is stable and slightly improved. The problem for us is the disease in his body and one brain met that will soon be taken care of with gamma knife. After reading the EAP PD1 guidelines, I see that he will meet all criteria after a successful gamma knife, however will LMD disqualify him even though it is stable?

Any insights or input would be appreciated, or maybe someone can tell me who to contact with this question. We will be seeing his oncologist again in 2 weeks, but I am trying to do my homework in the meantime.

Thank you!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I would pick out what site you intend to apply for the EAP and ask the lead doctor/nurse. This may be flexible or may not. But ultimately it would be up the site coordinator. I hope things work out for you and your husband.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.