• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    medis
    Participant

hello, my girl friend 23 years old, have melanoma 1 b. I read a lot of about melanoma. Statistic said that people live more than 5 or 10 years percents. Can you say for me, do you know people who live with melanoma with 1 b for example more than 15 years. If my girl friend have 1 b melanoma, has she any hope that this cancer didnt come back anymore??? Sorry for my english…What can you say about this? I am very scary..

cohanja
    Participant

Population-based 20-year survival among people diagnosed with thin melanomas in Queensland, Australia.

Available clinical and histologic data from the Queensland Cancer Registry were obtained for all patients diagnosed with a single thin invasive melanoma from 1982 to 2006 and matched against national death registration data. Melanoma-specific survival estimates to December 31, 2007, were assessed, and subgroup differences in prognosis were determined by fitting multivariate Cox proportional hazard models.

RESULTS: Among 26,736 people in the state of Queensland diagnosed with thin melanomas, the 20-year survival was 96%

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.