• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tbeau
    Participant

Hello,

I was diagnosed in July of 2012, Stage 1b, breslow 1.25, Clark’s level IV, nodular, with regression, no ulceration mitosis 2. SLNB negative. WLE negative. Tumor site on upper left thigh.

I have been having pain in the groin area on both sides and have had many doctor’s appts and tests in the last 3 weeks. A CT scan shows a spot on my liver the size of a pea. I have another test – ultrasound – scheduled for next week to look at the spot n my liver. The CT scan and 2 other ultrasounds have found nothing.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced ongoing pain in the groin area after a SLNB and have concerns that there is something there that they cannot see on the CT scan.

This diagnosis brings on so many emotions and questions that it can drive you crazy!

Thank you for any input. And thank you to Catherine and all at MIF who maintan this site. I have been viewing posts for a few months now and have learned alot.

T.

HeatFire
    Participant

I still have a groin pain from my SLNB i had in august or july 2012.

good luck with the ultrasound, im just waiting for my revisit to the dermatologist and hope its a boring uneventful one.

tbeau
    Participant

Thank you for your response. The pain ping pongs back and forth from side to side. It has been going on for several weeks and hopefully is nothing. I don’t know if the spread of melanoma to the lymph nodes could cause pain. Does anyone know that?

HeatFire
    Participant

im not 100% sure but i believe it could give you some pain but swelling is the more common indication, I had swollen lymph nodes once and that gave me some pain, but not much.

The doctors should be much knowledgeable in the subject and tell you what it is, its so easy to worry but hopefully its just the operation itself that is giving you trouble and not the melanoma.

tbeau
    Participant

Thank you Heatfire. I hope your upcoming derm appointment goes well.

chas66
    Participant

My SNLB wasn’t as long ago as yours but still have pain in the groin. Have you tried some stretching excercises to see if you get any relief. I’ve started using some lymphatic related massage and stretches and I think I’m starting to get some relief.

tbeau
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Chas66.

I will look into some stretching and massage techniques. For at least 2 months post surgery I was in alot of pain. I had no idea how horrible I looked until one day I was walking in my garage and caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror in my garage that was there to be thrown out. When I asked a friend if she noticed my strange, contorted walk she said “oh yeah”, and mimicked it for me. 😆 We had a great laugh about it and since that day I have made alot of effort to straighten out my walk. I am a runner and could not run for 6 months post surgery. I have started running again very cautiously and running or not I still have the pain. And the pain is when I am at rest.

Thank you for your input.

Abby
    Participant

It took 5 months to not be teased at squash for what I thought was a slight limp. Guess not.

It’s gone, I think, but there are times I might favour my one side.

Re: pain. It has been almost 2 years. I still have groin pain from the SLNB surgery. I still have incredible daily pain at my foot/ankle. For me it will be part of life. I guess my point is: use any pain as a reminder that we are still LIVING LIFE. We are still here. Pain (mine is nerve pain from 2 deep surgeries from nodular mel, Breslow 4, Clarks IV, mitosisi, 15 yup!!, complete ulceration) is just a part of life for me.

Perhaps pain is still there for you and normal. Get it checked out, then try not to focus on it. The pain is there when I sit on the couch. Also there when I play squash. I’d rather get up and go, then let melanoma dicatate my life.

With my breslow, ulceration, mitosis, I expect mel will re-visit me. I’d rather live life to the fullest now, and try my hardest to ignore nerve pain, than give in to this beast.

Hugs,

Ab

tbeau
    Participant

Thanks Abby for your reply. I agree that the pain is a reminder that we are alive. I did have it checked and after a CT scan and an ultrasound I was given a clean bill of health. I have been running daily and still have some pain but I am in a much better place mentally than I was months ago. Thank you again. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.