Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III Recchia Protocol

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deborahumansky
    Participant

Has anyone had any experience with something called the Recchia Protocol? It involves using accutane and injections of proleukin. I am currently in a trial for zelboraf or placebo and am certain I am getting the placebo so I am looking for some treatment to prevent a reoccurance. This protocol is supposed to strengthen my immune sysstem.

Arno
    Participant

No I hadn’t heard of the Recchia protocol but after a bit of searching on the web I am surprised that I hadn’t. It appears to have had very good results in a large clinical trial in Italy of 500 patients with various cancers (incl melanoma) with metastatic disease.

In April 2012 Dr Recchia reported significantly increased overall 5-year survival for several cancers, although melanoma isn’t specifically mentioned. The article does however say: “The good and unexpected results of this immunotherapy regimen were seen in all types of cancer: ovarian cancer and recurrent ovarian cancer, non–small cell lung cancer, cardiac metastases of sarcoma, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, renal cell carcinoma, melanoma, head and neck cancer, breast cancer, and pancreatic cancer,”

http://www.aacr.org/home/public–media/aacr-press-releases.aspx?d=2776

Arno

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Had not heard of this, but it is interesting. But as always, until large phase III studies are conducted, results are not certain.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.