Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II Recent biopsy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jrervin0378
    Participant

Hi all! It’s been awhile since I’ve visited. I’m just shy of being 9 years out from Stage 1b melanoma…yay! Anyway, I just recently had a mole removed that came back as a compound nevus with architectural disorder and significant cytologic atypia. They obviously want me to come back for more to be removed, which is fine. Now, I realize that nowhere on there does it say anything about melanoma…however, for some reason, I’m slightly freaked out! I’m afraid that when they go back to excise more, it’ll come back as melanoma. Lord! I hate the rabbit hole that you can go down very easily when it comes to melanoma. Was just wondering if anyone was around that could possibly talk me off the ledge??!! Thanks!!

Jenn

point30
    Participant

First off, nice to read about the return of someone 9 years out of a stage 1b diagnosis. I am just about at my 1 year mark from my second excision. Hearing your success story is very refreshing.

I think for you to be on top of it should bring you off the ledge. If you had not been vigilant it could have slipped through the cracks, and far better prognosis if caught early (which by the way AJCC has changed their staging effective January 2018).

All the best in your diagnosis!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

The pathology does not read melanoma! It says there is atypia. Usually that is just a benign mole. The first pathology captured it. The reexcision isn’t really justified but still done. Congrats on your NED status. Keep in touch. We are here to support you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.