Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Recurrence of brain tumour.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ro69
    Participant

A long overdue update from NZ.

Jumped from Stage 3c to Stage 4 after 10 years of NED.

Booked a trip to India then found a frontal lobe tumour and had a bifrontal craniotomy with excision of tumour October 2018 followed by targeted radiation then 13 doses of Keytruda before developing ileocolitis. All scans have been NED since the surgery until this week! Sadly I Never got to India!

This time I booked a trip to Thailand and have just had scans and apparently I have a local recurrence on the frontal lobe! I can’t believe it’s happening again. Am I jinxed or what?

I am booked into see my neurosurgeon in three days then my oncologist the next day.

What have people’s experience been with recurrence on the brain, is it surgical, radiation and immunotherapy to manage it?

Thanks

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear of your recur. I think this does happen to some folks and the best course of action is usually radiation/surgery and the addition of immunotherapy or the braf/mek drugs. I hope your surgeon is the best in handling this and possibly you might seek another opinion? Let us know how you are doing..

Ro69
    Participant

Thanks Catherine. My surgeon is the best. Unfortunately I am Braf negative so don’t have those drugs as an option. My oncologist is fantastic though so he will have something in mind.

Will keep you posted.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I am happy to hear you have full confidence in your surgeon. I hope the procedures go well and your attitude is certainly admirable. Please do give us an update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.